From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple accounts

Solved!
Go to solution

Good morning, 

I was wondering if buying 1 year subscription to circuit design suite base version will allow me to use the CADs (Multisim and Ultiboard) with more than one user at the same time. 

Thanks!
Claudio

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,148 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Aboughton

Hi Claudio, 

I assume that this is a single seat license that you have purchased. If so, you can only use the license as either computer based, or user based (see the explanations below). Either way, the license can only be used by one user at the same time.

Named-User License: With this option, the software can be installed on up to three computers and can be running on only one computer at a time. This type of license includes a home exception, which allows for the installation and activation of the software on one home machine.

Computer-Based License: License for an individual computer with no restrictions on the number of users. Also known as “host-based,” “seat-based,” or “node-locked.” This type of license includes a home exception, which allows for the installation and activation of the software on one home machine for one user.

For further information please do take a look at the NI Software License Agreement.

Kind regards,
Alice Boughton MEng (Hons)
Technical Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,072 Views)