From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monte carlo analysis issue

Hi!

I am new to simultaion using Multisim. I am facing problem in understanding parameters in monte carlo analysis, when adding tolerance in configuration, if I select resistor in "Device Type" and have more than one resistor in my circuit then "Name" tab displays r2:xr1 or r1:xr2. What does it mean? Please explain.

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,845 Views)

Please help.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,836 Views)

Hi powerlab,

Here it is information about Monte Carlo analysis http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/375482A-01/TOC134.htm and here it is a YouTube tutorial as well (it talks about Monte Carlo after minute 9:30) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6B1OJXgDwk

I hope this helps you to understand.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,818 Views)

Hi Pedro!

I have already seen both, but still i am confused about the "Name" tab. Please consider that I want to apply monte carlo analysis on simple VDR network having two resistors r1 and r2 in series. In that case "Name" tab displays 4 options that are "r1:xr1", "r2:xr2", "r1:xr2" or "r2:xr1", what does it mean? Also, explain about "Present Value" tab, why it shows half value of resistance that is if r1 is 1000 and I select "r1:xr1" in "Name" tab then "Present Value" shows 500.

Your help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,791 Views)

I am not sure right now, it seems to be something related to the circuit you are seeing or some configuration because I've tried to get those r1:xr1 and I haven't been able to. Can you upload this circuit?

I also recommend you to get the Monte Carlo example from Multisim -> Help so you can compare your settings and components with the ones there.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,781 Views)

Thanks Pedro!

I simulated the example circuit, and compared my circuit and parameters with it. It seems that I was using different model of resistor. I copied the resistor from example to my circuit and now i am not getting those r1:xr1 etc.

Thanks again 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,775 Views)

You are welcome powerlab Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,768 Views)