From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modeling Lorenz Attractor Circuit in Multisim

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

I'm currently working in multisim to model several chaotic circuits. I have had no difficulties with previous circuits, but when I attempt to build the Lorenz Attractor circuit, I keep getting a convergence error, and I cannot figure out why. I even attempted to build the circuit piece by piece, with random AC signal generators in place of X, Y, and Z just to test the configuration of my components (i.e. to see if the integrating circuits would run - which they did), but once I connected the multipliers and all other appropriate connections, it would no longer run, and would print a convergence error. I've attached both an image (in case you can visually tell whats wrong) and the multisim file. Any help with this would be much appreciated - as I am at a complete loss.

Thank you

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,930 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JStudent

I don't know if there's another way to do this. But I did resolve the problem. It was something as simple as the wires not being fully connected where I believe they had been. I am new to multisim, so perhaps in time, I will not make simple mistakes like this.

Thank you - I don't know how to mark this as resolved.

Message 2 of 4
(2,835 Views)

i download your file(lorenz attractor ) i simulate at multisim there is no error and at same time i can not see the simultion (nothing appears in graph)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(691 Views)

Привет! Спасибо за интересную информацию! А то понятия не имел, с чем едят аттракт Лоренца. Теперь хоть знать буду...,-хотя и без него неплохо жилось...🤣
Оригинальную схему не изменял.
Начальные условия установить в ноль, и шаг времени в 1e-4 ,чтобы симуляция побыстрее шла, и получим такие результаты: (не знаю, насколько они верны, так как далёк от математики такого уровня...)
Криули занятные получаются, однако!

аттракт Лоренца.gif

аттракт Лоренца1.gif

аттракт Лоренца1.gif

fofango570_0-1701536550988.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(682 Views)