Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Corporate Database Option

Solved!
Go to solution

At school, they are using Multisim/Ultiboard 10.0.1 education.  I install the eval education version, I get the corporate database option.  When I use the purchased student edition, there is no option for the corporate database.  I need this option for class.  Is there anyway to get this option back?

Thanks,

Aaron

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,284 Views)
Unfortunately, the Coporate Database feature is not available in the student edition of Multisim. However, you should still have access to your user database. The functionality of the user database and the corporate database is identical. You should have no problem creating components in your user database.
----------
Yi
Software Developer
National Instruments - Electronics Workbench Group
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,281 Views)

We are given a CPCOMP_S.PRJ file from the teacher and the user database wants a UsrComp_S_Aaron.usr file.  Is it alright to rename the corporate database file to the user database file name?

Thanks,

Aaron

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,272 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eggy02

Try this:

1. Open up Multisim
  2. Click Tools>>Database>>Merge Database, the Database Merge utility should come up
  3. Click Select a Component Database Name and open ythe corporate database file that you were given
  4. In the Target Database box, select User Database
  5. Click Start
  6. When the utility finishes processing, the components should be available in your user database

Hope that works for you.

----------
Yi
Software Developer
National Instruments - Electronics Workbench Group
Message 4 of 4
(4,268 Views)