Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Components in Multisim 14

Solved!
Go to solution

The title may be slightly misleading. I am a student and I purchased the student edition of Multisim 14. For my final project I need several TTL components that the school computers have but are absent from this version on my home computer. I was supposed to use a 74S158N Quad 2-1 Multiplexer but ended up having to use the 74LS158N. That was ok. I now need a comparator and my sheet has either the 7485N or the 74F521N, neither of which are in my master database and when using the search function there is not a single comparator in the TTL library. I am at a loss here. I am technically very late as the semester is already over but I was given an extension due to several deaths in the family during the last 3 weeks of school. I am unsure what I can do here.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,560 Views)

Hello Caromyr,

I believe you are able to create custom components in Multisim, perhaps this is an option for you, but I do warn you it is not a straight forward and simple process. It will likely take some time to configure correctly.

I am sorry about you loss, hang in there, it gets better.

Have a lovely day.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,520 Views)

I am having the same problem with IC 7483.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,504 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Carsomyr

What i did is I downloaded the education edition evaluation and finished my project with that as it contains all the parts I needed. I'm a little upset I spent the 45$ to buy this software that I wasn't even able to use and probably never will again but live and learn right?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,489 Views)