Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsim/Ultiboard vs PADS PCB vs Altium

As a company, we are looking to replace our old P-CAD schematic/PCB layout tools with some newer tools.  We have been looking at DxDesigner/PADS PCB (Mentor Graphics) and Altium Designer, but we are also curious about NI's offerings.  Does anyone know how the Multisim/Ultiboard software compares to these other offerings?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(7,946 Views)

Roger that,

Thank you for your interest in Multisim and Ultiboard from National Instruments.  The tools you are considering are good industry standard EDA tools, however when customers choose Multisim and Ultiboard for their board level simulation and design work they typically cite some of the following A) they enjoy the ease of simulation and doing advanced circuit analyses in the Multisim environment B) they prefer the superior simplicity and ease-of-use that the NI tools offer and C) their design engineers can feel comfortable while working in both environments (whereas some of the standard tools require quite different skill sets since the simulation, schematic and layout tools typically operate much differently).

Also, although you may not be thinking in these terms, the NI tools are pioneering an initiative in bringing measurements to the design engineer - allowing the design engineer to bring in instrument/measurement capabilities into Multisim allowing the design engineer to perform integrated V&V tasks that have never existing in a traditional design tool before.  Also, we can automate the design process by invoking a method for calling Multisim circuits via an API - allowing one to automate simulation and perform 'virtual test' on circuits.

If you have never worked with National Instruments, I think you'd like the experience - we are a large company, but we are very responsive to our customers.  I'd be happy to give you some references offline, if you'd like to send me an email directly.   Also if you would like to speak with a member of our sales team, they can be reached directly at 1 800 263-5552.

Best Regards,

Patrick Noonan
Business Development Manager
National Instruments - Electronics Workbench Group
50 Market St. 1-A
S. Portland, ME 04106
Email: patrick.noonan@ni.com
Tel. (207) 892-9130
Fax. (207) 892-9508 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(7,937 Views)