From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSP430F157IPM Symbol Available?

Texas Instruments Web Site list 7 symbols from various CAD packages (i.e. OrCad, Cadence, Mentor Graphics ...), but nothing for MultiSim.  Is this common?  Where can I find this symbol?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,987 Views)
Hi, could you attach to this forum the Orcad Symbol/Footprint so I can try it out in Multisim?...  depending on the file extension/format is possible that it can be imported...
Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,978 Views)
The files are attached. 

Alternatively do the following:

You can find all the CAD Design Tools TI offers in the respective Product folder for each part.  Example Click the link below for the product folder for the MSP430F157. 

http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/msp430f157.html

Scroll down the page for the heading Pricing/Packaging/CAD Design Tools/Samples. 

Select the View link under Symbols for a list of symbols we offer for each package type. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,959 Views)

I tried it on my MS 9 but it did not worked. However, Multisim does support Orcad design files -- extension ".dsn" -- which might be a workaround if you or someone has Orcad (or a demo version), you can open the symbol in Orcad and place it in your schematic, then save it as a ".dsn" file, and then open it from MS. Then you would select the component and do a 'save to database' operation.

Symbol files supported in MS have a ".sym" extension. However, in the symbol editor you can import pictures, bitmaps, ".dxf", etc. But in none of these I was able to open the ".olb" file you got.

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,954 Views)