From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS keeps loosing the power connections to my multipart components

For some reason MS14 randomly looses the power connections to my multi section components.

Usually when I put them in they are fine and I have the power connected to on esection and the red X's appear on teh other sections showing they have power connected.  In MS 14 I gradually loose all these connections and the only way I have found to fix it is to go it and add explicit connections to the power pins of seach section.

Of course when I transfer to UB it removes the existing power connection and leaves the part unpowered, so that's not good.

Anyone else notice this?  Is they a way to make it work right again?

Thanks.

Subsection Pwr Connections.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,024 Views)

Usually when they are part of the same component only oen connection is needed. Can you attach your schematic file?

Randy @Rscd27@
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,007 Views)

I cannot provide my file publicly.  I tried to copy the section out and paste into a new sheet, but when I do that they connect up properly.

I found if I delete and re-install the section then set the refdes back to the proper value and section, then they hook back up.  Another device just did the same thing today and I noticed if I move it out of the circuit (leaving the nets) then the connections re-appear and are still there when I put it back in the circuit.

I guess that's not too difficult of a workaround, but you shouldn't have to review the forward annotation file to see if unexpected things like this are happening for every forward annotate.  It's not so bad with few changes, but for more changes it's easy to see how you could end up with a board that has some IC power connections opened up on you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,990 Views)

If you want I can create a Service Request for you. Please sent me your contact information in a private message. 

That we way we can work through the NI system. 

Warm Regards,

Randy

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support 

Randy @Rscd27@
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,921 Views)

Next time it happens I'll see if I can delete everythign around the problem and still have it there, rather than trying to copy and paste it into a new sheet.  IWhen that happens then I'll start a service request.

Thanks,

David B

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,916 Views)

ok remember that you only need to go to http://www.ni.com/en-us/support.html and select yout country.

Randy @Rscd27@
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,899 Views)

Here is a sample file with the problem.  This keeps re-curring at randomw tiems fo rthe last few versions of MS.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,085 Views)