Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCU Simulation Error

Hello!

I'm just used Multisim 10 Evaluation Version. I got a problem with the simulation of Microcontroller Unit, the PIC16F84A. I got a circuit, and try to simulated it with my assembly source file. But when I try to simulate it I got an error of:

Multisim  -  2007-05-11 21:21:41
----------------------------Building: Project: act3-----------------------------
interupt.asm
Note: Due to path length limitations in the Microchip MPASM for PIC16, the path D:\National.Instruments.Circuit.Design.Suite.v10.0.Power.Pro\interrupt\interrupt\interrupt\act3\ has been mapped to the drive Z: temporarily for this operation.
Error: Unable to run assembler.

How can I fix this? What are the settings before running a MCU simulation?

I've attached my circuit below.

Thank you.

Message Edited by hala_oi on 05-11-2007 08:31 AM

Message Edited by hala_oi on 05-11-2007 08:45 AM

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,015 Views)

You should ignore this error message you will always it when simulating an MCU.  The problem is due to a third part character size limit if we allow the MCU to write temporary files to C:\Program files…. we can not guarantee the temporary file name will exceed the character limit so to work around this, MCU write the files to a dummy network drive.

However, if you got a real error message, you should attach your schematic instead as well as the code file.

Tien

Tien P.

National Instruments
Message 2 of 5
(4,974 Views)
Currently I'm having the same problem, and i have no idea how to make a dummy folder, any help would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,908 Views)

Hi CheValier,

I just found out that the MCU compiler does not simulate on Vista or a 64 bit OS and you will get this message:

D:\National.Instruments.Circuit.Design.Suite.v10.0.Power.Pro\interrupt\interrupt\interrupt\act3\ has been mapped to the drive Z: temporarily for this operation.
Error: Unable to run assembler.

I know that R&D have fixed this issue and will likely be available in future release.

Tien

Message Edited by Tien P on 05-31-2007 10:01 AM

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,887 Views)
well, these are some relieving news as i'm using Vista, BUT the problem is i've used vista for a while with Multisim, and it did compile, and it did work fine, my work and the MCU projects bundled with he program, and now i'm weirded, as i haven't installed anything new, not even microsoft patches, weird, i'll try to install an evaluation on one of my other PCs running XP and will see if it works, thanks very much for the information, i hope they find a fix quick.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,876 Views)