Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Video Waveform Source from Video Test Image for Multisim simulation

Hi,

I want to simulate a video amplifier circuit in Multisim. I need a Composite Video Signal Source for feeding the input to the amplifier. In one of the application note I saw that LabVIEW can be used to create Video Waveform Source from Video Test Image (BMP). I've attached the sheet for reference. My questions are below:

1. Do I need to create the Video Signal Source in LabVIEW or is it already available with LabVIEW library?

2. How to call/access this Video Signal Source from LabVIEW for simulation in Multisim?

3. Any examples available?

4. Which versions of LabVIEW and Multisim supports this feature?

Any help is truly appreciated.

(Topic of the Application Note: Circuit Design Using Simulation and Virtual Instrumentation, Applications in Biomedical Engineering)

Regards,

Sinoj

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,205 Views)

Hi Sinoj,

I checked the attachment, it seems that the LabVIEW VI is already available so answering your questions:

1. You do not need to create the LabVIEW source because it's already there. If you want to create a new VI, here's a tutorial on how to do so

2. You should be able to include it in your Multisim schematic like the LabVIEW based instruments

I will look into it and come back to you when I find the LabVIEW file, in the meantime can you please send me the complete application note?

Mahmoud W

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,190 Views)

Hi Mahmoud,

Thanks for your reply.

I searched for the VI 'Simple create composite signal from BMP image.vi' on internet (since it is named so in the Application Note), but could not find. I've some experience with LabVIEW, so I hope that once I get this VI I can plug-in to Multisim. But in order to add it to 'lvinstruments' folder of Multisim installation directory I need the DLL and LLB file (not the VI, I understand so). If these DLL and LLB files are available I think it will be easier to integrate with Multisim, otherwise I don't know what to do if I have just the VI.

Anyway attached the complete Application Note.

Regards,
Sinoj

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,177 Views)