Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTC485 Model Errors

Hello friends at the EWB forum,

I obtained this model of a LTC485 transceiver and am having troubles getting it to work in multisim v.10.0.1.  I keep getting an error stating that it is "unable to find model definitions".  Anyhow can anyone take a look at the model and see if it works for them? 

Thanks for your help,
Sean P Moorman

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,307 Views)

I have looked at the model and on this one I don't have an idea. Sorry

Message Edited by lacy on 10-16-2007 08:41 PM

Kittmaster's Component Database
http://ni.kittmaster.com

Have a Nice Day
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,301 Views)
hello,

please attach your circuit
Max
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,287 Views)
Well?  Did you get it to work?

(I tend to read these threads to see how others' experiences with Multisim are going, particularly after I get these NI surveys and actually take the time to answer for once.  I'm dealing with a model issue myself right now, but I haven't the time post it here and deal with the days of followup it'll require. This is why I'd like to know, being is it's now over a week later, how things turned out for you.)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,237 Views)
Lacy,

I didn't not experience this problem. There was probably an error with the way the user created the component. That's why I asked for the circuit.

Max
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,221 Views)

Hi Max,

I didn't really try to create a component from his model file because once I looked at the model file with the 3 sectioned subcircuits I was unsure how to do this. Most components I have created have only one .subckt and one .ends statement so I was really afraid that since I was unsure about how to create his part that I might end up giving the wrong advice. This is why I defered this question to you or other team member.

Posting his circuit would help since the part would already be created in it. Then maybe I could help analyze it from that point. 

Kittmaster's Component Database
http://ni.kittmaster.com

Have a Nice Day
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,209 Views)

Hello friends,

Sorry it has taken me so long to post back, was on a business trip.  I don't really have a complete circuit designed yet for this component, but was trying to test the model to see if it was compatable with multisim first. I also believe the problem lies with in how I created the component.  I created it as a digital component, cmos 5v technology, simulation only, and assigned the pin parameters according to the components data sheet.  I was also confused on how to create the component in multisim due to the multiple parts as Lacy mentioned above.  I tried creating the component using multiple sections and then with a single section and got the same results.  I guess I need some more information/experience about component creation of this style.  I have created simple active and passive components using the way described in the NI circuit design technical library/tutorials.  Are there any other reasources about component creation that could help me? 

Thanks,

SPM

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,174 Views)
Thank you for the followup.  I'm sorry I cannot help you though as I really don't know much about it.  Although I've tried to make models a few times, I've not yet done it successfully, meaning, where I made it using a model builder and the output numbers seemed reasonable.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,167 Views)