From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED works but labview speaker does not oscillate.

Solved!
Go to solution

1, This circuit oscillates with LED (in multisim 14).

2,This circuit does not oscillate with speaker (labview, in simulation it only beeps twice and becomes silent, playback time 10 s, sample frequence 220 Hz), then changed on R1 from 47k to 10000k and C1 from 1 nF to 100 uF, it does not oscillate at all with all attempts. Any suggestion on changing some parameter to make this work?

1.png2.gif

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,561 Views)

Это косяк самой программы. Посмотрим, что скажут создатели MS. Скорее всего промолчат, как всегда.
Я пытался неоднократно запускать звуковые файлы в программе, получал то же самое,- короткие "дзинькалки", а дальше-молчок...
Файл в формате "ms" скиньте пожалуйста.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,523 Views)

thanks, I googled your answer in Russian for translation. 

could it be possible that you can pull some MS master for this issue?

please type in English as I am a totally stranger to Russian. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,507 Views)

Good. Put the browser 'Yandex', there is a wonderful translator, especially technical texts. 
There is no ground on your oscilloscope
Manifold (collector ) Q2 in the air

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,496 Views)

I simulated your circuit. It is unstable and gives large impulse surges. Found this one on the internet. It works better, although it is also not perfect.  Although the frequency is adjustable

tipa_0-1669899998512.png

Мультивибратор.gif

Message 5 of 8
(1,480 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ankyxia06

tipa_0-1669903956657.png

Your transistors have large spikes.

tipa_0-1669905140834.png

Внизу справа время симуляции, но звуковой файл всё равно короткий получается.

Message 6 of 8
(1,466 Views)

hi Tipa, it inspired me. now it works if I only wire speaker between load resistor(or LED) and Q2 collector, speaker works. thanks. 

For the grounding issue. 

Once I learned that labview speaker only has one lead and the other one is by default grounded, that's why I DID not ground the Q2 as it is grounded via speaker.   it is from one of the netusers. today I checked with Ni homepage as below (photo 1 below). it looks like you are right that the it is not grounded, correct me if wrong. 

if it is by default grounded on the other lead, then my 2nd circuit is grounded with Q2, so today I tried put different resistance load under Q2 collector to ground, it also ocillates (with 1ohm to like 1000ohm), but it does not oscillate with 3000ohm so I guess it would be related to resistance/impedance. so when I put back speaker to replace the load resistor, it did not oscillate. So I guess the speaker has a high or very large impedance. 

simply sharing my logics and free to tell if some of the intepretation is wrong. 

snapshot from Ni multisimsnapshot from Ni multisim

ankyxia06_1-1669904206442.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,464 Views)

Thanks for the info. I think it will come in handy someday.

tipa_0-1669905927595.png

tipa_0-1669906190987.png

У него нет ёмкости и очень большое сопротивление, так что через него коллектор подключать неправильно.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,455 Views)