From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to open a .mst file created in the student edition with MULTISIM 9

When a student builds a file with MultiSIM 9, the circuit is created as a .msm file.  When the student goes home to work, they can open a .msm file with a student version, 2001 for example, but any change to the file can only be saved as a .mst file.  As soon as the file is saved as a .mst file, we have not found a way to open the file with the educational version of MultiSIM 9.  Is there any way to convert these files?  This makes it very difficult for a student to work at home for a project between or prior to labs.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(7,124 Views)

JKR,

Unfortunately, the ".mst" extension is supposed to be open only by Textbook editions of Multisim. Not even a Power Pro version would be able to open it.

I'm not sure the specifics of your case, but I guess that you open/saved the circuit on your textbook edition and that converted the file extension, is that right?...

Well, as far as I know the textbook editions are meant to be 'demo' type of releases, so is limited in many features. You should be OK with a Student edition though -- which is not the one commonly found in textbooks.

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(7,117 Views)