From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a MAX686 component file to download?

I am in need of a MAX686 Boost converter for my senior design project, is there an existing component file that I can download? I haven't been able to find anything thus far. Any help or insight is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,535 Views)

Symbols are pretty easy to make, why don't you just create it using the component wizard?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,528 Views)

Well, I went ahead and made a symbol for you, but can't figure out how to export the symbol to a file, and I could not find the symbol file. Maybe someone can explain how to export a library symbol because I don't know how.

Here is a screen shot of the symbol I made.

MAX686.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,524 Views)

Hello mnaus,

The workaround for this that I've found is that you can save the file and share the component. Then the other person could open this file select the component that he wants and then go to: Tools >> Database >> Save component to database.  

This way the symbol will be loaded to the DB of the other person.

Regards,
Daniel M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,479 Views)

Well, in that case if the original poster still needs the symbol, here is the schematic page using the MAX686 part. I am not sure if this version will be compatable with other versions as this is Multisim Blue which does not seem to be compatible with anything, but here goes. Since I have not heard from Jstock since the first post I am probably wasting my time, but this makes a good experiment for swapping symbols. If anyone tries it, let me us know if it works or not.

P.S. I could not find a spice model for this part so it is schematic and layout only. No sims.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,476 Views)

Well, no takers huh? I was hoping someone might have given this a shot just to see if this is a viable way to share symbols. Daniel, would you care to test it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,438 Views)

Hello everybody.

there are my 25 cents -

I guess there are a few ways to share\move component  from machine to machine  -

- to make sure that component  - his symbol, model (optional) and footprint are saved in DB.

then export that component to DB file      - mycomponent.prz.

then to move that file to another machine

then to import that file into DB on another machine..

-to place component  into circuit ,

save it ,

move the circuit file to another machine,

open that file ,

to save that component to user DB .

I used to use the first way mostly,  I have tryed the second one too  and it does work too.

I have checked the sybol, the footprint was the part of master DB so it was not a problem too.

We have to try component with custom built  symbol and footrint.

best regurds

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,428 Views)