From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to edit the ultiboard log file (v10.1.1)?

Solved!
Go to solution

I made the mistake of deleting all the parts from an Ultiboard design and then forward annotating a very different design from Multisim. Now when I try to renumber all the reference designators and back-annotate to Multisim, it wants to delete all the parts first and then do the renumber. This is with version 10.1.1. Is there any way to edit the log file so it only does the part renumbering? 

Since this design has taken me 3 days to route it would really suck if I have to start over to be able to renumber the parts. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,561 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jg_geadinc

I figured that the answer was going to be no because I think they address this in version 11. But I found a way of 'cleaning' the log file. I created another design, copied everything and pasted it in the new design. At that point I had the exact same design, with the same reference designators and all the traces in tact, but no nets. I forward annotated from Multisim and it brought in all the nets without error. Now I renumbered all the parts and back-annotation. It wanted to paste all the parts in again but this time Multisim just said "Not supported -- add part xxxx" which meant it didn't do anything. But it did make all the reference designator changes! yay. Although it had some trouble with multi-sectioned parts. It would get one gate right but the rest would be something different with 'xx' in the reference designator. Like "Uxx6A". So all I had to do it click on those parts and select "replace component" and it will show the right designator with only one gate used and I just had to select the same gate. 

So problem solved. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,559 Views)