From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing or creating a sp3t (on-on-on) switch for multisim?

hi,

I'm new to multisim so pls be gentle 😉

I need a switch with more than two on-on positions for a project but can only see a spdt switch in the database. Is there such a thing as a sp3t (on-on-on) switch that I can download/import. I've searched and search but dont seem to be able to find one or make one.

Any help much appreciated. 

Thanx in advance,

dean.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(9,290 Views)

no takers?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(9,270 Views)

There is a 4POS_ROTARY switch in the SUPPLEMENTARY_SWITCHES family that you can use to simulate with. You would need 2 of them and just not use POS 4. If you are going to layout a board and need a footprint, you would need to create it.

Message 3 of 6
(9,250 Views)

It doesn't look like there are any components which meet your spec. As mentioned above, I think the closest you can get at the moment is a rotary switch, and just skip one of the positions. Post back if you find or make an sp3t though, it would be a useful one to add to a database for other people to access.

Ian S
Applications Engineer CLA
National Instruments UK&Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(9,233 Views)

deanxxx,

Hope this helps...  Its a SP3T derivative of the interactive 4POS Rotary switch that you've found previously.

SP3T.JPG

Regards,

Pat Noonan

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(9,122 Views)

SP3T.png

Help me!!  
Edit correct?
_user32 escribió:

deanxxx,

Hope this helps...  Its a SP3T derivative of the interactive 4POS Rotary switch that you've found previously.

SP3T.JPG

Regards,

Pat Noonan

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(8,800 Views)