Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing or creating a sp3t (on-on-on) switch for multisim?

hi,

I'm new to multisim so pls be gentle 😉

I need a switch with more than two on-on positions for a project but can only see a spdt switch in the database. Is there such a thing as a sp3t (on-on-on) switch that I can download/import. I've searched and search but dont seem to be able to find one or make one.

Any help much appreciated. 

Thanx in advance,

dean.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(9,243 Views)

no takers?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(9,223 Views)

There is a 4POS_ROTARY switch in the SUPPLEMENTARY_SWITCHES family that you can use to simulate with. You would need 2 of them and just not use POS 4. If you are going to layout a board and need a footprint, you would need to create it.

Message 3 of 6
(9,203 Views)

It doesn't look like there are any components which meet your spec. As mentioned above, I think the closest you can get at the moment is a rotary switch, and just skip one of the positions. Post back if you find or make an sp3t though, it would be a useful one to add to a database for other people to access.

Ian S
Applications Engineer CLA
National Instruments UK&Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(9,186 Views)

deanxxx,

Hope this helps...  Its a SP3T derivative of the interactive 4POS Rotary switch that you've found previously.

SP3T.JPG

Regards,

Pat Noonan

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(9,075 Views)

SP3T.png

Help me!!  
Edit correct?
_user32 escribió:

deanxxx,

Hope this helps...  Its a SP3T derivative of the interactive 4POS Rotary switch that you've found previously.

SP3T.JPG

Regards,

Pat Noonan

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(8,753 Views)