I'm trying to get the SPICE model for the BFP720F transistor provided by Infineon to work in Multisim.
I've attached the model as provided by the manufacturer.
If I import it as-is, I get error messages about "invalid node identifier '<4>'" (I've translated that from German, so it might not be exactly this message in the english version).
So I tried replacing all the '<4>' with '4', which seems to help, but now the error is "Temperature adjusted parameter 'VJC(PC)' is negative" and "Incorrect use of model parameters"... Now I really don't know what to make of this.
Is the provided model in a wrong format? Can I somehow get it into the right one so I'm able to use it?
As I need this for my semester project at university, any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Solved! Go to Solution.
can you give me a Step by Step of how you get the error? Are you using the component wizzard?
Here is a small tutorial:
Importing a SPICE Netlist for Simulation in NI Multisim - National Instruments
A different solution might be to modify a similar component that is already available in the database:
How Can I Import a SPICE Model Into Multisim? - National Instruments
I hope this helps you along, otherwise just post the steps, so I can reproduce the issue.
While writing a detailed description of what I did exactly using the component wizard, creating the component again in Multisim from scratch, I found that there are different SPICE models provided in the package meant to be used with AWR MWO. They have a different file extention, but are normal SPICE text files inside.
It turns out that these actually work with Multisim! The difference is small, there's only a temperature parameter (TNOM) which is absent in these models, as opposed to the "general" one I first tried to use. It seems that Multisim had a problem with this parameter, leading to the error I've encountered.
So anyway, the problem is resolved now. Thanks for your assistance
Have a nice day,
(The now a lot happier) EE-Student
Edit: I've attached the SPICE model I ended up using, in case anyone ever encounters a similar problem. The only modification I've made to this, is to replace the '<4>' with '4' in the diode part (only one occurrence here). I had to zip it to be able to upload it with it's original extention (.mdl).