From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to create a revision history block for my schematic drawings

Solved!
Go to solution

I have tried to use the Title Block Editor to make a revision history list block, but I can't get away from the structure of the title block with its forced field types, etc.

Is there a way to create a revision history block? Thanks much, Tod

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,813 Views)

Are you using one of the Title Block templates included in Multisim? or, did you create your own Title Block?

You should be able to edit the fields in the Title Block Editor; in the Spreadsheet View (View>>Spreadsheet) you can change Names, color, fonts, etc. Could you please elaborate your question?

Regards,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,787 Views)

Thanks for getting back to me Fernando. I designed my own Title Block template, not seeing one that was suitable in the list. I entered the Title Block editor and inserted 4 custom fields to be used as Rev. fields.I then tried to edit their contents by double clicking the field in the spreadsheet view. There was no response to this action. When I exited the editor (going back to schematic capture) and placed the title block I had made, it looked like a blank square. I double clicked on it and saw the typical field edit features (Title, description, revision, designed by, etc.) configured as it would be for a normal title block. I edited the 'custom fields', closed the 'editor' and I see the first Custom field's contents repeated 4 times instead of the data I entered in each field. I was hoping to construct some border lines around the fields as well, but I can't figure out how this is done either. Let me know if yo need more info. Thank You, Tod

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,782 Views)

Hi Tod,

Could you please post your custom titleblock? Just place the title block on a new circuit and attach it here. I'd like to do further testing.

What's your Multisim version (Help>>About Multisim)?

Fernando

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,738 Views)

Hi Fernando, I have attached the file you requested. Version is 10.1.1 (10.1.372). Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks, Tod

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,735 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Todc.18

Hi Tod,

Right-click your title block and select Edit Symbol/Title Block to open the Title Block Editor. Here is a screenshot for reference:

TitleBlock.JPG

Let's start by drawing the borders. The blue circle indicates the Resize Boundary Box. Click here to change the size of the area where you want to draw the title block.

Now place the headers (green circle): click the Place Text icon on the toolbar and type REV1, etc.

Finally place the custom fields (red circle), this is the info that you can edit when you double-click the Title Block. To enter these fields select Fields>>Custom Field 1, 2, etc.

Close the Title Block Editor, double-click the Title Block and enter the information to your custom fields.

I also attached the title block that I created.

I hope this helps.

Fernando

Fernando D.
National Instruments

Message 6 of 9
(4,729 Views)

He started to give me headaches multisim software! Smiley Sad

Just a couple of days trying to find a solution to the growing number of characters allowed in the Title Block, "Design by" field (I mean #DESIGNED) and fail!

Someone help me please!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,368 Views)

Hi,

Can you provide us with some more details about the issue. Can you please also post the Multisim file with the title block.

Regards,

Tayyab R,
National Instruments.
Message 8 of 9
(4,344 Views)

I got it. Thank you very much Tayyab and Fernando. I tried to send a kudo a while back, but had something wrong with my cookies and it kept getting rejected. Cheers, Tod

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,334 Views)