From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't seem to get a simple comparator (opamp/comparator) to work on 10.1 anybody else have this issue?

I can't seem to get a simple comparator (opamp/comparator) to work on 10.1 anybody else have this issue?

tried several comparator with no success. Simply placed componant added power and either connected + and _ pins to +v and gnd to bias the inouts in each way. Either way outputs a low.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,770 Views)

it appears that some of the comparators require a pull up on their output in multisim even though the datasheet doesn't reflect that is required in the real world. Anyway....I got it gpoing for now. I actually tried to inport a spice kodel for the copmparator I want to use.......but I can't seem to get it to work correct. The time I've spend ojn this I could of built the circuits already 🙂 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,766 Views)

this seems to be a long term issue with multisim. Tru using a DC power supply for voltage reference, that works correctly for me. But if you use normal refence, like a voltage divider, the simulation just switches at zero as if there were now reference.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,435 Views)