Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can´t find the LM317 anywhere in multisim....

Solved!
Go to solution

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(4,003 Views)

Me neither.

I would have thought a bog standard part like a 317 would be available.

I was wrong

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(3,747 Views)

As someone who worked in the semiconductor industry and in production fabs to create IC devices please take my word for it that modeling is not a simple task and requires an intimate knowledge of analog circuit design. Most parts today are modeled and simulated on a computer before the first die is ever built (therefore can be exported with SPICE). Parts like LM317 were designed in the 1970's......think about the computing power that was available back then. Totally different ways to build things from then to now, so common parts like the 317 would be required start a model from scratch to replicate the device and hope that no mistakes are made.....that takes time and money.....so the probability is low that it will come from the source........which leaves users to do it.......therefore......who has that kind of time?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LM317

Best,

Chris

Signature: Looking for a footprint, component, model? Might be here > http://ni.kittmaster.com
Message 13 of 20
(3,743 Views)

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(2,442 Views)

Hello, I don´t speak English.

But I need LM337 too.

Do you have it? 

Please.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(2,398 Views)

Here is the model LM337

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(1,639 Views)

"Вставлю свои 5 копеек",- так говорят у нас, когда встревают в чужой разговор.
Все модели из версии 14.2.0 в одном файле. Выделяйте компонент и сохраняйте в индивидуальную базу компонентов.
Успехов!

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(1,635 Views)

Thanks for components!

But how could I rename it's pins from displayed Line Voltage, VREG and Common into Input, Adjust and Output?

Regarding LM317.ms10 file.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(1,130 Views)
-так, дорогой мой!, какая тебе разница, как они обзываются!? Установи более современную версию программы, хотя бы 14....-ВСЕ МОДЕЛИ БУДУТ С СОВРЕМЕННЫМИ СИМВОЛАМИ... -автоматически. Успехов!
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,103 Views)

Thanks for the LM317. 

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(446 Views)