Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sync component database across multiple computers

I use multisim/ultiboard across multiple computers, and would like to have all of them use the same component library (especially custom components and foot prints). I use googledrive to sync files between these computers, so in principle it should be possible to share all files. However, I am not sure which files I should move to the googledrive folder and how I should tell its location to multisim/ultiboard. I would appreciate any insight on this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,304 Views)

Under global options, everybody can sync to the same corporate data and file path in the global settings.  In the picture we are all sharing a synced file in google drive.  One caveat is that we use google backup and sync, setup to act like dropbox, where this file exists on every-bodies hard drive and is synced to a single file in the cloud.  I don't know if you can do this directly off of a cloud based file that is not synced locally to the hard drive.

image.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,291 Views)

Here is a link where they tell you how to find the existing corporate data base and what its file name is.  You could also relocate the user data base, but we do it at the corporate data base level.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,289 Views)

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the suggestion.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,288 Views)