Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a Release Code for version 9, 8, 7 or 6 (2001) of EWB Products.

One of the most frequently asked question that is being asked recently after EWB transition to became National Instruments Electronics Workbench Group is 'where do I get a release code for my EWB Product?'.

So, the right place to go for release codes is on the former EWB website: http://www.electronicsworkbench.com/  in there you will find at the bottom of the page a link that says 'Support: Release codes for versions prior to 10.0, please visit our online release code generator.' Click on that link and fill out the online form, make sure every single field is filled correctly. That utility usually responds back to the email address entered within 1 - 4 hrs. The direct link for this utility is:

Admin note - the links above no longer work. Please visit https://ni.com/activate instead.

That utility will work for Version 9, 8, 7 and 6 (2001). If you encounter any problems with the utility you can send an email to releasecodes@ni.com with the exact same information that is requested in the Online Form (name, address, phone, serial no., signature code). Signature Codes are found after the software has been installed and you launch it, the welcome screen, it will display the Signature Code, you have to use the exact number that is currently displayed on that window, otherwise the release code will not work. If you re-install the software on the same computer, most likely the signature code is the same, in that case you do not need a new release code, you can use the current one that you have.

NI Multisim, NI Ultiboard and NI Multisim MCU Module version 10 are now using NI License Manager, so the preferred way of activating your new software is by going to Start >> Programs >> National Instruments >> NI License Manager, and click on the Activate button at the toolbar. Follow the instructions, if you are connected to the internet select the first option, if you are not connected to the internet you can select the Phone, Email, Web browser or Fax options. No matter what option you select, you will be given a set of instructions on how to finish your activation.

I hope this information helps.
Nestor
Message 1 of 9
(15,466 Views)

I am lookin for the release code to Workbench 5.12.  I received this last summer from NI and it worked properly then but something has become corrupted.  I am being asked to reinstall but the zip file sent to me last summer does not unzip.  How can I obtain a clean copy of the 5.12 installation file?  I am dead in the water until I do.

Thanks

David

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(8,096 Views)

Hello,

For Electronics Workbench 5.x you don't need a Release Code, only your Serial Number. If you need the installer please send the request to releasecodes@ni.com, include your Serial Number and contact information.

Have in mind that we no longer support version 5, the installer could fail depending on your operating system.

Regards,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(8,075 Views)

I purchased a sealed Student Edition of Electronics Workbench MultiSim 7. I am having a hard time getting the release code that it asks for. My information is as follows:

Gordon Wedman

9842 Young Road

Chilliwack, BC

V2P4T9

Serial No. FS-3333-04510-0185-13044

Signature 25637-17506

Computer ID CXWG-H55C-Z5QF-LQY6

Phone 604-999-8373

gordwedman@yahoo.com

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,657 Views)

Dear Gentleman´s
I had some problems with my HDD and i still use Ultiboard  UB2001 Personal -full package with

S/N UE-2256-04510-0004-23408

F/C 7006-61028-1080-39582

After change HDD I made a reinstalation and now my PC signature is: 18488-29554

Please send me the release code in order i can keep using this software.

PS: I have a few of pcb drawing and i can not using for print and new draws with full functions.

Waitting your asap awnser…

PS: Before disk damage my release code was : 034309374287

Best Regard`s

Gerardo Neves

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,641 Views)

You will need to contact NI customer support.

Vicentiu
National Instruments R&D
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,636 Views)

The NI Activation web site that is offered does not work for Multisim 2001. My hard drive crashed again and I had to reinstall. I tried entering my serial number but it comes back as invalid. I'm hoping they will respond to my email and once again supply me with yet another release code. 😕

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,508 Views)

I was wondering if your able to provide me with  the release code for Multisim 2001 student version which I have purchased many years ago.

Serial Number st-6035-40354-6818-21091

Signature 18148-37562

Release Code 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,403 Views)

purchased 2001 year pls how to release code

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,056 Views)