Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Print/view Workbench Schem + PCB from old 2002 version

Solved!
Go to solution

I purchased electronic workbench back in 2002, I don't know which version it was though.

I can't find the software I purchased anywhere (was probably installed on an old PC), but I need to view and print out a project that I did of the schematic and PCB.

How can do this?

I would rather not have to spend more money in buying a new version just to print them out. Besides, I tried loading in the Schematic (.msm) file into the trial v14 of Multisim and it crashed very nicely. I read here (http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E517B68A1CB7E74C86257B660037EC24) that in order to load a EWB 5 file (but again, I don't know which version I had), I need Multisim v11, but how do I get v11?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,512 Views)

Hi,

To access old version of the software you will require a standard service program from NI that grants you access to old software versions of national instruments. I am afraid that NI only has for download versions from the past 2 years. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,476 Views)

You may be in luck.  I looked on my old computer and still have V11.  I had to re-activate it.  I was able to open an EWB file from 2000.

Another option is the Ver9 install eval, which I think allowed a full functional eval period of 30 days.  Is it permissible for me to give out that install file?  (200MB)

I should have EWB ver 6 somewhere but not sure if I can find it.  All my updates since then have been upgrades so I don't know if they'll install on their own.

If you want to send me the file I can try to open it on 11 and save it as ver 11.  Let me know.

Is there a backwards version compatibility list for all the versions somewhere?  It would be nice to know exactly what I need to do if I have to go back to open any old file, though it sounds like at least ver 11 can do it.

Message 3 of 9
(3,436 Views)

That would be awesome if you could open the attached schematic and save it as a more recent version!

Thank you 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,433 Views)

Here it is as original, ver 11.0.1 and ver 14.1

Message 5 of 9
(3,430 Views)

Excellent!

I just hope the trial version of MultiSim wont refuse to load this schem in because it has more then 50 components in it.

Thank you - Ill let you know...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,427 Views)

Well, it did load in the trial/eval version, but when I try to print it, the print options are greyed out.

Could I ask for just one more favor if you could print this schematic out as a PDF file?

Once it's a PDF file, then I can make sharp copies of it.

Thanks for all your help!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,426 Views)

Here you go..

Message 8 of 9
(3,421 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Techee

Thank you so much!

You saved me from a lot of headaches.

0 Kudos