Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How, or where can i get a model for the pic16f876a chip from, so i can add it to my component library?

I am trying to simulate a circuit utilising the PIC16F876A. Is there a file i can download to add to my component library?

JJ
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,384 Views)
Multisim has an MCU Module as an optional add on. This module right now only supports the 8051 and PIC16F84 microcontrollers. You can not at this time add any other controllers to it. You can not simulate a microcontroller or microprocessor with any spice based programs that I am aware of other than what I mention previously with the Multisim MCU Module. Thes IC's require programs to entered into them and their is no way to do that with spice based simulators that I am aware of.

Multisim's MCU Module is the only platform in any simulator that allows you to create a program for the processors it supports and create a circuit that simulates with the microcontroller as a functional part of the system. Otherwise, I do not believe what you are wanting is possible.

Sorry to have to tell you this, but this is what I know. It may save you a ton of headaches trying to do something that won't work.

Kittmaster's Component Database
http://ni.kittmaster.com

Have a Nice Day
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,377 Views)
the mcu module is very limited in the number of components, but writing a model for something like this would only be a nightmare, typically the designer of the chip itself would be the one to write such a model. Hopefully the next revision of this will be more robust so people can write their own models and add and subtract or create new into the mcu module. depends on demand I would guess if NI moves in that direction

Signature: Looking for a footprint, component, model? Might be here > http://ni.kittmaster.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,373 Views)

Thanks for that, not what i wanted to hear, but at least I know what I can and cannot do. I grateful for your replies.

JJ

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,366 Views)