Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you connect a powerplane to another copper area?

Lacy, I figured out how to do this. . .  First I used "Follow-me" from one of my ground pins to where I wanted my first via. I placed a via here, then continued to draw into my no copper area and placed a via there.  I thought that at this point it would automatically fill in with copper but it didn't.  But when I erased the power plane and put it back, there it was!  All filled in.  All I had to do then is go back and erase the Follow-me trace that I drew (except of corse the last segment of it.)

Thanks for your help.  Hope this helps anyone else.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,340 Views)

Congratulation on a job well done in figuring this out and thank you for posting your solution. I wish I could have been more help to you in this situation, but it is hard to know exactly what you are looking for without seeing what you had on your board, but I know that people don't like to post their work for fear of someone copying it and I can understand that perfectly.

Sometimes I feel that if a user finds their own solution to a problem then he/she will benefit from it more than if someone handed a solution to them. It gives you a wonderful feeling solving a problem on your own is what I am trying to say. But, we are here in the forum to try to help if a person gets stuck and we will do what we can to best of our knowledge.

Anyway, I tried what I knew at the moment. I am going to try this on one of my test boards and see if I can get it to work like you did.

Kittmaster's Component Database
http://ni.kittmaster.com

Have a Nice Day
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,337 Views)
Just to let you know. . . I did get it to work, but it also took a lot of fussing.  If I moved a via, or pretty much tried to change anything, it would loose its association with the net and I would get a via sitting in a pond (if you know what I mean).  Pretty frustrating.  And if I hit undo, the via would still be isolated from the net.  I am using Ultiboard 9.  Perhaps they improved this on the next version, but I doubt it.  I've been after Electronic Workbench for years now trying to get them to allow me to rotate text in MultiSim.  They keep promising it, but never pay up.  I'm hoping NS will improve things.  Anyway, thanks again.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,331 Views)
There is one other issue I ought to mention.  As I mess around with this setup, now I find that I can't delete copper islands, and there are plenty of them.  It's funny, before I put in this jumper, it wouldn't create any copper islands, now they are all over the place.  I try to highlight one of them and they won't, even if I have all the selection filter buttons on.  Guess I'll live with it.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,326 Views)