From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I resolve bus-related system hanging?

My system has hung many times while trying to delete nets.  Sometimes it even hung while trying to delete traces or components.

I was able to recreate this problem using the 4014BT_5V.  I linked the "P" and "O" signals to seperate but merged buses.  I copied this circuit 15 times, and merged the buses into one.  I found that once I tried to delete a net, the system would just hang.  I did not have this problem when I had the 16 components linked to one bus tree using what appears to be an undocumented bus linking scheme.

Is there a problem with the way the system manages nets, or is this a random bug that creeps around?  Is this a bus problem, or a net problem?  If this cannot be resolved, I will be forced to look at another software packge.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,924 Views)
Can you attach that circuit file so we can try to replicate the problem?... I tried on my system but did not got any misbehaviour. Just place the file inside a ZIP file and attach it.
Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,915 Views)
There are two files.
test.ms10 <- will hang when deleting a net inside the bus.
test2.ms10 <- functions normally with the same operation.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,911 Views)
Thanks for the circuit, that helped me understand what I was missing... so yes, you are right, is isolated to virtually connected buses... 'in multiple instances'... I made a different file to replicate it... I'm going to send this to the developers...
I was able to replicate it by making one instance with three virtual-connected buses that were merged... then make several copies of all this group and renaming the buses back to BUS1 for example, merging them...
Nestor
Message 4 of 4
(3,906 Views)