From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make the virtual motor work in multisim?

The motor has an excitation coil(terminals 3 & 4) and armature(terminals 1 & 2) and a terminal to monitor motor rpm. No mater what value of dc battery I use, the rpm is always negative and approx. -20.xxx ~ 22.xxx.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(31,804 Views)
Ye, I also want to know that. Any one can help?   :manhappy:
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(31,760 Views)

There appears to be a problem with the motor model where the meter is always outputting a negative RPM.  This problem will be forward to

EWB RD
to correct in future release.  For now, reverse the volt meter connection to show positive RPM.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(31,748 Views)

I think the problem lies within the standard values of the MOTOR_VIRTUAL. If you place a MOTOR_VIRTUAL, it has a relatively high load torque, which is larger than the torque the motor can drive at any voltage. If I use the following settings, and drive the Motor from 0-100V it works as expected.

See also attached an example file which implements an TTL encoder mounted on the motor axes.

Message Edited by Peter Schlosser on 07-05-2006 09:42 AM

Peter Griese
NI
Download All
Message 4 of 4
(31,539 Views)