Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I enter special characters when placing text?

In the user guide ultiboard says that it supports the ability to place special characters.  I'm trying to place a copyright symbol, preferably etched in the copper.
When I use 'line font' and paste in the symbol below it appears as a fuzzy splotch regardless of size changes.  If I select 'Windows font' and paste in the symbol it doesn't even appear at all.  Anyone know how to do this?

©

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,012 Views)
Hi, I knew that 'special characters' was referring to non-Western alphabets such as Chinese, Korean, Japanese, etc.; not necessarily referring to special symbols. Anyways, I usually place the copyright symbol by drawing an arc inside a circle... I made for myself a custom component in Ultiboard and placed it in my User database with different sizes, you can see an example of it in this image attached. Just try drawing it by going to Place >> Graphics >> Arc or Circle....
Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,998 Views)
Special characters can be created using the windows font setting. But you have to make sure that the font that is selected actually supports the character.
You could use the character map to select the special character to copy (windows start -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Character map).
Here you can also see which font you are selecting it from.
When the font name here is equal to the font name set in the windows font option in ultiboard, the character should show up in ultiboard when copied from the character map.
Regards,
Rodney
Principal Software Architect for the Electronic Workbench Group
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,877 Views)