Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I open an ms8 file without the software?

I recieved a CD with my circuits book and I cannot open the files on the CD because I do not own appropriate software to open the .ms8 files. I do not wish to buy software just to use the information on the CD. I already paid for enough. What should I do? Is there a stand alone reader for these files?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,166 Views)

Unfortunely, I don't believe tha there is a stand alone type reader for these files. What you could do is download the evaluation version of Multisim 10 then you would be able to open them. I will let Nestor, Tien, or Max give you any additional suggestions if they know of a better alternative.

I wish I could help more, but this is all I know.

Have A Nice Day

Edit: After re reading your post it occurred to me that there should have been a version of Multisim on the Disc. You might want to look to be sure that it isn't there before doing anything. Ususally, the authors have at least a demo version with their books in order for you to be able to use the files on the disc. It would be kinda ridiculous if that wasn't included.

Message Edited by lacy on 09-22-2007 03:55 PM

Kittmaster's Component Database
http://ni.kittmaster.com

Have a Nice Day
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,166 Views)

Hi All,

There are many textbook authors who have been using Multisim to create circuit examples to accompany with their textbook.  Over the years, there have been many variations of what are available on the CD and I cannot tell you for sure what you will find, but one of these cases should apply to your CD:

1.        Demo version + Circuits, the older demo version allow you to open build but cannot save.

2.       Circuit Viewer + Circuits, you can only open the circuits and run them, can’t build or edit the circuits.

3.       Textbook edition + Circuits, allow you to open and use Multisim with limited features.

4.       Circuits only

What you should do is put the CD into your computer and look for a setup.exe in all the folders, once you find one, double click on it and it could be the file to install Multisim. 

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,123 Views)