From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I open Multisim10 files in Multisim7?

Anyone knows how to open Multisim10 files into Multisim7?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,358 Views)

Quick answer: You can't. The file formats are different. Now Multisim 10 can open Version 7 Files. Multisim, the way it is, is backward compatible but not forward compatible. With each new version NI changes the file format so that older version can't open newer version files. This has been dicussed with them and hopefully they will add something like this to their Feature Request List if they haven't already done so.

The only option that may work (I will have to try it to be sure) is that if the file you want to load is in the .CIR format. All version can load a .CIR circuit. But like I said  will have to try it to be sure it will work. I will let you know shortly about this.

Sorry, I know this isn't what you would like to hear, but that is the way it is for now.

Have a Nice Day

Edit: The last option I posted does not work very well. I tried inporting a .cir circuit into my Multisim 2001 from Multisim 10 and it didn't do so great. You could try it and see if you have a better luck than I did. The only other option is for someone with Version 10 to open the file and post a screenshot so you can manually enter it into Version 7. It as pain, I did with Multisim 2001 for a long time so I know what your up against. 

Message Edited by lacy on 09-16-2007 07:56 PM

Kittmaster's Component Database
http://ni.kittmaster.com

Have a Nice Day
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,353 Views)