Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchical Block to New Component

I am having a lot of trouble converting a subcircuit to a new part. I attempted to follow this following tutorial: http://www.ni.com/tutorial/3173/en/ and was unable to do it correctly. I generated the SPICE NETLIST from the main circuit & the subcircuit, created a new .cir file, then pasted the new SPICE netlist into there, starting with the .SUBCKT part and ending it with .END, and the pins are not mapping properly.

A step-by-step guide would be very helpful, as the Student Edition is currently limited to 50 components per sheet. I need to be able to modulate my digital logic circuits into input/output components.

On the attached file, you can find the "Carry Check" subcircuit, which is what I am trying to modulate into a new part.

A basic overview of what this project is - Creating a full BCD Adder/Subtractor Circuit. This involves then being able to generate the +6 carry from each 4-bit input. That is the purpose of the subcircuit that I am attempting to modulate.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,914 Views)

Hi Rayan,

Are you getting any errors while following the tutorial? Also, the end command is .ends not .end, so you might want to check that. Have you been able to create a more simple model with the tutorial? or were you able to create the component in the tutorial?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,882 Views)