From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with a voltage range converter with comparator

Hi there, I'm trying to change a 0-3.3V input to a +-3.3V output with a comparator that has a reference of 1.65 but I can seem to be able to make it work. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

GabrielM_0-1648429680340.png

GabrielM_1-1648429717802.png

GabrielM_3-1648429771078.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,071 Views)

для NI.gif

Хай! С вашей схемой у меня не получилось, взял отсюда: https://monitorbank.ru/komparatory-napryazheniya/
Надеюсь, правильно вас понял...
Удачи!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,039 Views)

Hi GabrielM. and tipa,

The first thing to do is to provide the proper negative supply voltage to LM311. There are two ways to do this:

• The value of V4 can be changed from -3.3V to 3.3V.
  • The value of V4 can be kept at -3.3V but the battery (symbol) must be reoriented/reversed.

Next, the circuit should be rewired so that the LM311 can function as intended. There are four options available to achieve the objective:

1. The LM311 is setup as a noninverting comparator so its output transistor is used as a common-emitter switch. To obtain a bipolar output, LM311's GND pin should be connected to the negative supply voltage (V-) not to circuit ground. The circuit output is taken from LM311's OUT pin which should be pulled up (by a resistor) to the positive supply voltage (V+). The precise value of the pull-up resistor depends on several factors such as switching speed and power dissipation, 1 to 10 kΩ will generally work for this particular case.
    Modified GabrielM_0-1648429680340 (Unipolar Input Noninverting Bipolar Output LM311).png

2. Same as in option 1 but the output state can be inverted by connecting the junction of R6 and R7 to LM311's IN+ and the output of function generator XFG2 to LM311's IN-.

3. The LM311 is setup as an inverting comparator so its output transistor is used as a common-collector (emitter-follower) switch. To obtain a bipolar output, LM311's OUT pin should be connected to the positive supply voltage (V+). The circuit output is taken from LM311's GND pin which should be pulled down (by a resistor) to the negative supply voltage (V-). The precise value of the pull-down resistor depends on several factors such as switching speed and power dissipation, 1 to 10 kΩ will generally work for this particular case.
    Modified GabrielM_0-1648429680340 (Unipolar Input Inverting Bipolar Output LM311).png
  4. Same as in option 3 but the output state can be inverted by connecting the junction of R6 and R7 to LM311's IN+ and the output of function generator XFG2 to LM311's IN-.

The most suitable configuration depends on the application circuit.

Again, I don't have the (Desktop) application version of Multisim. I am only a Free Subscription user of Multisim Live so the LM311 is not available to me. I just edited the circuit image that was posted, you can try building these modified circuits in Multisim and provide feedback if they work as expected.

Best regards,
G. Goodwin

Message 3 of 4
(959 Views)

Спасибо, дорогой! Как всегда толково и подробно и понятно. Вышла новая версия 14.3
Можешь поставить себе.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(952 Views)