Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get error 1922 time synchronization could not be deleted when uninstalling.

My Multisim 10 stop running on my vista OS when updated, tried uninstall the softyware but get an 'error 1922 " NI time synchronization" (lktimesync) could not be deleted. Verify that you have sufficient priviliges to remove system services. ' How can I remove this system services?, so that I can unsinstall the software and re-install it back without the updayed patch? 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(7,542 Views)

Hi Junt,

Try to stop the service manually and then remove Multisim.  You can do this by going to the Control PanelàAdministrator Toolsà ServicesàNational Instrument Time Synchronization and right click on this and select Stop.

Tien

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(7,495 Views)
Tien.
Thank you for your help, unfortunately still the error is the same, How about deleting the synchronization file in the services file? do you think it would help., I continue deleting some file with error 1033 and when I install the multisim again it hang up in the activation process ,it cannot locate the NI server to activate my license. "waiting for very long time trying to connect to the server and it did not stop trying until I have to stop it." Hope do have some advice.
Junt
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(7,486 Views)
Hi,

I just loaded Vista and notice there is a "service" tab in the task manager and the service you mention is running, can you kill the service in task manager and see if this will help.

Tien
Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(7,470 Views)
I tried your suggestions and it was able to remove the NI Design suite 10.0 from the system with no error. I re-installed again the software and follow the NI engineers solutions on how to remove the NI design suite 10 from my computer but still the OS Vista don't allow it to run " Program stop working". -Close Program". Thank you for your support. Anyway if you have some more solutions please let me know. Junt
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(7,452 Views)
Tien almost had it right. The following steps should help:

Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. Double click NI Time Synchronization. On the General tab, the Startup type should be set to Automatic. Change the Startup type to Manual. (This should prevent the service from starting when the computer is booted.) Restart Windows.

You should now be able to uninstall. If you get the error for any other service, just repeat the above steps.
Garret
Senior Software Developer
National Instruments
Circuit Design Community and Blog

If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved or give a kudo. 🙂
Message 6 of 10
(7,453 Views)

Hi Koekje,

Changing it to manual from automatic doesn't work, anyway I was able to uninstall/removed it without error by going to the properties and changing the status of stopping to stop in the properties section when you right click the synchronization file in the services section. After uninstall/remove, following NI engineers e-mail instructions I re-install it again but still it shows an error " NI design suite 10.0 has stopped, A problem caused the program to stop working properly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

So I think I cannot run this program until a patched is made to remove the error since I updated this software. Any idea that might worth trying would be of great help. Thank you for your suggestions. Junt

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(7,438 Views)

Hi Junt,

Good news, the update is available and you can download it at:

ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/circuitdesignsuite/10.0.1/

Regards,

Tien Pham

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(7,408 Views)

Hi Tien I download the Design suite 10.0.1 educational (Vista update version) as per the link you provided me and Installed the software, but stil the program don;t work. The Vista OS display  the following message.  "NI design suite 10.0.1 educational has stopped, A problem caused the program to stop working properly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I don't know why even the Vista design suite 10.0.1 educational has been downloaded and installed, still my computer does not run the program? Please advise what will be the problem and possible solutions? Thanks.

Junt

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(7,397 Views)

Hi Junt,

Problems like are really difficult to resolve so this could be anything.

Can you do this:

1. Go to C:\Users\Visata User\Application data\Local\Virtual Store, check if you have a National Instrument folder in here and remove it.
  2. Go to the registry by click Start and type ‘regedit’, navigate to HKey_current_user\sotware\classes\Virtaul Store, if there is a National Instrument folder remove it,

You may not find anything in this folder so if you don’t see it is fine.  Once you do this go ahead and remove Multisim and reinstall.

Best regards,

Tien Pham

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(7,315 Views)