From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequency Dependent Impedance Model

Hello Everyone,

I need a frequency dependent impedance model. I have attachment data. 

How should ı do ?

Thank you for your time and attention.

Prof. Anil

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,049 Views)

Hello Anil.

Sorry but I'm not very familiarized with what you are asking, could you please give me an example of what you are trying to archive?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,963 Views)

Hi Prof. Anil,

You can use the FREQUENCY_TABLE_FUNCTION component from Sources/CONTROL_FUNCTION_BLOCKS family.

It allows you to create a Vout/Vinput transfer function by specifying discrete data points. You can simply paste your data points into the textbox, exactly as you have them, and select "Absolute" for the Magnitude units. 

If your transfer function describes an impedance, you need to sample current and convert it to a voltage, which you can use as the input to the FREQUENCY_TABLE_FUNCTION component. That way you get current input, voltage output. 

I've created a little sample using your datapoints to get you going.

Attached. Run AC analysis. The plot is the impedance since I am injecting a 1A phasor. 

Let me know if this is what you're looking for. 

Max
National Instruments
Download All
Message 3 of 4
(3,946 Views)

Hello,

Actually ı want use voltage source with my impedance model. Therefore ı changed circuit in attachment. There is a problem but ı cant find.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Regards

prof.Anil

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,883 Views)