From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding Components

Why can't I search for a 4.3V 5% 250mW zener and get back a list of parts? For that matter, why can't I search for a 4.3V zener and get a list of parts? NI is too lazy to put the most basic info in the Function Description so you can scan part numbers and see primary characteristics. This is a HORRIBLE OVERSIGHT in the system design.

I have part numbers in stock. I find they aren't in the msim parts list. I see that there is only a list of part numbers with no data. So I go back to the vendors sites to find part numbers that are suitable to use for simulation purposes only, then back to msim to see if they are on the list. Repeat procedure several times until there is a match between a useable part number and it's existence in the msim db. Very much frustration and wasted time. That part of msim was designed by rookies with no real world design experience.

I am sick and tired of asking them for parametric search capability for Years which never seems to come about. All of their preferred manufacturers (and vendors) where they get models from have that capability to find their parts for purchase. Look at Mouser, Avnet, Arrow, Digikey, Newark etc etc. But not msim.....

All of that info I'm sure is included with the db's they get from manufacturers/vendors. They just don't import the data into their db's. Their parts lookup process is really STUPID.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,764 Views)