cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FFT Simulation in MultisimLive

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone!

I'm new in using MultisimLive and I've got a problem in simulating the FFT of some signal. Is there any way to do it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,023 Views)

How about simulating a signal and calculating the FFT of it?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,996 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

How about simulating a signal and calculating the FFT of it?

Ok, but how can I do that? I searched for a Fourier Analysis in MultisimLive and I found nothing. As far as some sources that I read, in Multisim is quite easy to perform a Fourier Analysis, but MultisimLive seems to not have this utility.

By the way, I'm using MultisimLive because I'm working on Ubuntu, thus I can't install Multisim.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,988 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 7Harrys7

Hi Harrys,

You are correct. There is no way to perform an FFT in Multisim Live, you'll have to either export the data and calculate in Excel or some other tool as Altenbach recommends or use Multisim (for desktop).

You can perform an AC Sweep which will give you a plot of magnitude vs frequency for a given circuit. This is not a breakdown of frequencies present in a signal but instead is a representation of how the circuit performs through a range of input frequencies.

Brian H. -- Electronics & Measurements Product Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,973 Views)

@I.B.Hating wrote:

Hi Harrys,

You are correct. There is no way to perform an FFT in Multisim Live, you'll have to either export the data and calculate in Excel or some other tool as Altenbach recommends or use Multisim (for desktop).

You can perform an AC Sweep which will give you a plot of magnitude vs frequency for a given circuit. This is not a breakdown of frequencies present in a signal but instead is a representation of how the circuit performs through a range of input frequencies.

Thank you Brian! Well, I will try Multisim on a Windows environment.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,950 Views)