Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error writing to file during Multisim installation

Hi, I am getting the following error:

An error occurred while installing a package: ni-cvi-2019-reflector (19.0.0.49152-0+f0)

Additional error information:
An error occurred while installing the MSI at 'CVI_Reflector64.msi'. Error writing to file: NationalInstruments.CVI.Reflector.dll. Verify that you have access to that directory.

I made sure I had permissions to change the folder containing that file. I turned off the firewall and virus protection. I don't have any previous NI software installed. Totally stumped. Running Windows 11 via Parallels on a M1 Macbook. 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,006 Views)

Привет, Мика!
Не советую устанавливать MS на версии старше 7
В Windows-10, MS14.2.0 считает ее в 2 раза медленнее, чем в W-7, а в W-11 вообще глючит, кажется, туда надо добавить старые библиотеки оболочки (Фреймворк ...)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(971 Views)

Windows 11 does seem to be buggy but it finally worked. Just had to completely isolate the virtual windows machine from the Mac side and disable access to any folders, as well as do an offline install. That worked. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(928 Views)

currrently running into the same error with labview, Trying the same offline download along with looking into firewall settings.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(871 Views)