From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: port template needs port named ...

I have several components in a design that generate the following error message:

<Error: port template needs port named "VCC", no such port on component "Q7".>

I have found nothing about error messages in any of the documentation. Can anyone translate this gibberish into English?

What is a "port template?"

How do components have "ports?"

What is a "port?"

Who cares?

Phil

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,765 Views)

Hi Phil,

The cause of this is the way your spice model is mapped to the symbol. It is likely the model mapping has a VCC pin which does not exist in the component symbol. 

THe easiest way to correct this would be to

1. Edit the Component in Database (via the Database Manager or the Edit Component in Database button in the context menu).

2. Select the Model Tab

3. Click the "show table" button (it will say show template if the table is visible, just click it twice to get back to the table)

After doing this, if you remap the symbol pins to the model nodes it should correct the error.

If you continue to have trouble, it would be easier if you could upload any schematic containing the component as that would help diagnose the problem.

Regards,

Jason 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,758 Views)

I know this is a very old thread, but I am having the same error.  It's thrown for 2 different components.  The problem is, neither of them have a spice model associated (either a model on the schematic, or in the database).  Could the VCC info be stored somewhere else internally?  Can I get rid of it?

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,226 Views)