From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: lengths don't match: 1, 20001

Hello,

I am a self learner and never really performed anything before in multisim, till this point I managed to do successfuly what I wanted to do. I am trying to use this software to make analysis of a circuit simulating a potentiostat. I have made a voltage adder, a potentiostat and a current follower - 3 OP amps.

I connect a diode to the potentiostat part and try to measure current flowing through the diode by measuring voltage at the output of current follower. Perturbation signal is a sine wave. When I try to simulate the fourier analysis of the current flowing through a resistor in a current follower. I keep getting error:

Error: lengths don't match: 1, 20001 

or a similar error - Error: lengths don't match: 1, 10001. I have not managed to locate this error in any search or help tools. I have tried to follow the guide NI gives for fourier.

Funny thing is that for fourier simulation of voltage I do not get the error. Have you encountered this error? For interest sake I would love to find out what that error means and what I am doing wrong.

Regards, Michal

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,675 Views)

Dear Michal,

in order to help us to investigate the described unexpected behaviour, could you please attach your simulation file? I could take a look at it and if I can reproduce the issue, I think I could come up with some suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Regards, 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,651 Views)

Dear Michal,

in the meanwhile I was able to reproduce the unexpected behaviour using a simple circuit.

To view the Fourier analysis output of a current type signal it is necessarry to use a probe on the wire of interest and set the output of the analysis accordingly. Please see the attached example.

Best Regards,

Message 3 of 4
(5,610 Views)

Please read my answer in the following thread:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Multisim-and-Ultiboard/Error-lengths-dont-match-2-4017-FFT-Current-Analysis...

But I will repeat here for safety reasons:

Don't know if it will work always, but this worked once for me. Knowing this is a bug of Multisim (I'm using 14 version), and noticing this occurs mostly with Voltage probes and not with current probes, I converted the voltage to current using a "Voltage-controlled-current-source" with a 1:1 output (1 Mho Transconductance) and a resistor in the output of the controlled source and set the Fourier analysis to output the analysis of the current of the resistor. Finally worked! 

andreslcosta_4-1609274651862.png

andreslcosta_5-1609274666109.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,219 Views)