I have a pretty serious problem with Version 14. I've never had this problem in prior revisions so I'm thinking it is new. I have an electrolytic cap in a Multisim schematic which is properly connected. The netlist report shows Pin 1 is connected to Net 5 and that is correct. However, when I forward annotation to Ultiboard, it is connected to pin 2. All checks come back clean and if I try to forward annotate the netlist it tells me there are no changes. But as you can clearly see in this side-by-side of the netlist in Multisim and Ultiboard, the net is connected to the opposite pin! This worries me a lot! How many times has it happened before and I just didn't notice because it was something like a resistor where which pin it is connected to doesn't really matter?
have you noted this particular behavior with just this one design, or have you been able to reproduce it with other designs?
This is the first time I've noticed it. As I mentioned before, if it happens to a non-polarized cap or resistor I would not notice it. Plus this is the first time I've taken an existing schematic that was done and laid out in a previous version, and opened the schematic in Version 14 and transferred it to Ultiboard 'fresh' using a different board outline. The part was correctly connected in the V10 files but backwards in V14.
I made a copy of the schematic and changed the part with a current version (smaller footprint) and not only did it correct the connections but Multisim also renamed the net 5 to a different number. I think this may have helped flag the connection change in the netlist. I saw something in the list of changes when I forward annotated about a 'pin swap' on that part.
So then I went back to the original schematic, did another forward annotate, and it changed the part back the and reversed the connections back the wrong way! I had to delete the part from the schematic and replace it with an equivalent part that I had created that uses a smaller footprint and it would now connect it correctly. I then went through and verified that particular part was no longer in the library. But I think if I open another older schematic that has that same part, it will do it again.