Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electronics Workbench Multisim v9.0.155, create non-linear transformer

I try to create non-linear transformer multiple winding. In master database is only transformer with 2 windings. With Wizard I did all 8 steps and with symbol editor made up symbol with 4
windings, transformer now exists, but incorrect simulation occurred now. How set up a correspondence between drawing, by myself, pins and windings?
P.S. Maybe symbol for each number of windings must exist primordial?
truly yours Aleks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(8,786 Views)
I read the reply: adding a new component posted by Nestor, and who may help me with the same Spice File link for multiwinding transformer please
truly yours Aleks
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(8,764 Views)
If your looking for just Spice models for transformers try looking here: http://www.duncanamps.com/  The site has a few multi-winding models for tube amps. This may help you in creating your own.
Kittmaster's Component Database
http://ni.kittmaster.com

Have a Nice Day
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(8,746 Views)
Thanks Iacy, I did hope to find out something helpful from Spice to build my own non-linear transformer and I found next:
Open the inductor symbol (ind.asy), select "duplicate", mark everything, press ctrl-R twice and place the secondary winding as desired. Then change pin names and netlist order as required for your model and save your new symbol.
Using the "Edit attributes" function you can change the Prefix, the default spice model, etc. This is explained in the LTspice help file.
Regards Patrick
But in Multisim apparently such things made another way, anyway I didn’t found «duplicate" command, and how paste inductance in non-linear transformer model maker.
Actually I am looking for example of creation non-linear transformer multiple winding.
May be somebody already have 3, 4, 5 winding transformers library files (master or corporative database?)
Thanks anyway.
truly yours Aleks
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(8,734 Views)
ACCORDING with lack of models 3, 4, 5 winding transformers library files sending me, I try once again to make up myself non-linear transformer multiple winding.
Here I describe my attempt pass through component wizard:
Step 1- (component type) - analog
Step 2- single section component, 8 pins
Step 3- (enter symbol information) – edit - I draw as I want, and may add as many pins as I want, No checking, no any tie between pins I paste in and real winding. Par example I draw 7-8 is 4-th winding but the program can’t recognized none of them
Step 4- (set pin parameters) section A, bidirectional, ERC status –include.
Step 5- (select simulation model) model maker allowed any of secondary output number!
The right way, I think, is to correct model data somewhere straight.
Step 6- (pin mapping table) only 4 nodes allowed, which exists in prototype, I can type any number I wish but in model nodes menu exist only 4 numbers + n.c.
Step 7- not important
Step 8- not important
Who knows how to work with model data? What means all this abbreviated notations? Somewhere it would be explained?
truly yours Aleks
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(8,704 Views)
Hey, folks! Look up at yours database/basic/nonlinear transformer/… and send me
Please model data component with 3, 4, 5 winding!
alekssmitt@mail.ru
truly yours Aleks
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(8,703 Views)
I RESOLVE the problem and find out all quite simple. Simple the primary turns designated only as 1&2, secondary (first) 3&4 and so on.
And when I connect it to generator, I discovered on the secondary identical sides 3 very different amplitude, which means only that this element not well-done. I can presume that next secondary amplitude derived from the previous also secondary. It’s not proper simulation at all!
truly yours Aleks
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(8,676 Views)

hey I am having the same problem, I am looking for a nonlinear transformer with multiple windings to be used in an inverter. Did you find anything to resolve the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,679 Views)