Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWB 10+ Improvement Request

Well, since some time now I whish EWB 10+ would offer a more advanced component search capability. As a user, I like to be able to narrow a search let's say of a
diode, within the diode database that can handle let's say a reverse bias of 1000V. Or in the same scenario, I like to find a NPN Transistor that can handle 2A at 50V
and/or 200W for example....

Listing all these part numbers in the Database is great, provided one knows them all. I certainly have not the time all day long to digg through datasheets of these listed
PN's to eventually come accross a component I could use in my design.

Just a 'limited' text search does not cut it !!!! We have the year beyond 2000, so please let's make use of the computing technology not only for the actual simulation but
also for user friendlyness. I hate to do manual and dumb search tasks.

MS Windows provides way more than needed for that.

So far version 10 is a great imporovement over all the other versions, keep improving it while maintaining ease of use and the same user interface. Keep adding parts
and models to the database (And please verify them before release). Improve the Model Wizard, to make it easy to create a new component from scratch. Make it easy
to share newly created parts and models with the EWB community by adding a model export function.

Thanks for the consideration

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,715 Views)

Hi KCT,

Thanks for your comments and suggestion.  I will put your suggestion about the database search into the feature request list. 

Just a note about sharing components.  If you place a component on the work space and send the file to someone, when they open your file and double click on the component there should be an option to save it to their database.

If you have the Power Pro version you can also select ToolsàDatabaseàDatabase ManageràComponent, when you highlight a component or several components, click on the Export button and Multisim will create a .prz file. When the other person double clicks on this file, it will save the components to their database.

In Ultiboard, you can click on the footprint and select ToolsàDatabaseàAdd selection to database.  If the board has several footprints that is not in your database, select ToolsàDatabase àDatabase Manage, on the Database column click on the + icon with the arrow pointing to the lower right, you should get a pop up with all footprint in the design file.  Put a check beside the footprint you want in your database and click O.K.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,671 Views)