From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual gates in Multisim

Solved!
Go to solution

Are there dual gates in Multisim. For example can I swap a negative AND for an OR gate? Are there any negative gates in Multisim? Negative AND, negative XOR...

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,839 Views)

Hi Curtis123,

You'll find them in the Master Database -> Misc Digital

Regards,

PedroR

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,785 Views)

Hi Pedro,

Thanks for your help but I still can not find a negative gate even in the Misc Digital area of the Master database. These are not NOR or NAND as they have inversion on the output. I am looking for negative devices that have inversion on the input. For example swapping an OR gate for its De Morgan equivalent Negative AND.

Thanks

Image result for de morgan devices

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,781 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Curtis123

Curtis123,

I understand, in that case, you'll need either to use a NOT before or create your own component following the tutorial below:

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/3173/en/

Regards,

PedroR

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,777 Views)

Thanks again Pedro.

I have created the gates that I require.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,771 Views)

Would you be able to share the Dual Gates you created?  Is there a way to export and import them?  I wanted to be able to place gates with demorgan equivalents to teach bubble-matched schematic drawing techniques.  I'd love to use a library of these gates if someone has already gone to the trouble of creating them.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,752 Views)