Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Sided PCB Antenna as a PCB Part

Hi there,

I'm looking at creating a PCB  antenna as a component as I will be using it on several designs.

This antenna will be on the top and bottom copper and so will connecting require vias.  When I create the antenna as a PCB part, I place a SMD pad and then draw my antenna shape with copper on the top and bottom.  The trouble is that I am unable to place vias to link the two layers.  Any suggestions?  Am I best to just draw the net on the PCB each time?

Thanks for your help.

Billy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,170 Views)

Hi Billy,

that is perfectly possible.

Make a new part and draw your antenna using copper area's and copper lines/tracks as you need it.

if you use copper area's and via's and want them to connect, un-mark the 'enable voiding' property of the copper area (no need for a net connection)

put a TH or SMT pin where you want the connection of your antenne to be attached to.

if you unmark the pad's solder mask/ paste mask, you won't even see it on the layout, but still can make connection to it.

same thing for the via's...

this way you can save it as a part and add the antenna as a part in your schematic and layout design...

Succes!

stressed user

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,159 Views)

Thanks for your help.  I'll give that a try.

Cheers,

Billy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,134 Views)