From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta source, 3 phase Delta-Delta transformer with a Wye load

hjf_0-1618526692518.png

I am trying to simulate a delta source connected to a delta-delta transformer which is connected to a wye load. When I try to simulate multisim comes up with several errors for me (as pictured below). Once I run the convergence assistant it tells me that the issue is unresolved. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hjf_1-1618526788670.pnghjf_2-1618526824429.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,983 Views)

Hi hjf,

The proper way to do that is to ground the second terminals of the secondary windings of the transformers. The circuit below runs successfully, I just failed to change the turns ratio of the transformers.

Re_ Delta source, 3 phase Delta-Delta transformer with a Wye load (hjf) - schematic.png

Re_ Delta source, 3 phase Delta-Delta transformer with a Wye load (hjf) - Grapher.png

Best regards,

G. Goodwin

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,945 Views)

For my first reply I thought that you just want to incorporate a three-phase delta to wye transformer in your circuit. That may not be your objective so I recreated your circuit in Multisim Live

Re(2)_ Delta source, 3 phase Delta-Delta transformer with a Wye load (No R10mx) {hjf}-schematic.png

Running the simulation generates errors in this screenshot

Screenshot_20210416-173840.png

To circumvent the error(s), I inserted very small resistances in the secondary terminals of the transformers

Re(2)_ Delta source, 3 phase Delta-Delta transformer with a Wye load {hjf}-schematic.png

The simulation proceeded producing the graph below

Re(2)_ Delta source, 3 phase Delta-Delta transformer with a Wye load {hjf}-Grapher.png

"Initial conditions" for the inductors are not enabled. Transient simulation has the "Initial conditions" set to Determine automatically". Verify if the graph generated is correct. If there are errors, you can try changing your simulation settings.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,926 Views)