Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Axes in DC Sweep Analysis

Hi,
My question is fairly simple. Is there a way to define axes when performing DC Sweep Analysis.

For example, take a simple circuit with DC power supply connected in series with a Diode and a resistor, and I want to plot a graph of current flowing through the circuit against the potential difference across the diode (simply put, IV characteristics of a diode).

There are couple of videos on YouTube that uses DC Sweep, but the problem is that the graph plotted by multisim is Current vs Voltage Supply and I want a graph of Current vs Voltage across Diode (as shown in the attachment)

I do apologize in advance if this question is already asked and answered, but unfortunately I could not find it. May be I missed some keywords while searching.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,114 Views)

Hi 

Did you check this web page: http://www.androiderode.com/multisim-vi-characteristics-of-diode/

have a great day.

Message 2 of 3
(3,080 Views)

Hi,
Thanks for the answer, but results this tutorial is not what's required. The graph plotted is the graph of current in circuit vs the voltage supplied by the power source.

But anyway, I have found a workaround, and that is by exporting voltage and current data to excel (Tools -> Export to Excel) and then using excel to plot the graphs

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,076 Views)