From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conveyor belt simulation in Multisim 14.1

Can anybody tell me how to create a working simulation desing with the Conveyor_belt in Multisim 14.1?

The educational sample comming with Multisim works perfectly.

However in any new design I create, the box on the conveyor belt won't move, no matter the state of any one of the pins Fwd and Rev.

When I put 5V on one of Fwd or Rev pin, I can clearly see the Wheel turning at high speed, no matter the value for maximum speed I put in the conveyor belt properties.

Are there some configuration values not pointed in Multisim Help that must be set to get a working simulation?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,438 Views)

Hi Jack_22,

Is this the help document you took a look at? Are you creating a custom conveyor belt in your new design? Maybe this document can help shine a light to see how to set the conveyor logic and get the simulation working?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,403 Views)

Hi Chaka123,

Thanks for links, but I've already had a look at both of them.

The second document is the description of the educational sample comming with Multisim. This one works fine.

My problem is when I try to create a new design. If I place the CONVEYOR_BELT component from the Master Database in my new design, (or even if I copy and paste the one from the Multisim sample) there is nothing I can do to control the speed of this conveyor belt nor make the box move in any simulation.

I guess this situation has to do with some simulation parameter(s) not set correctly but I can't figure out which simulation parameter(s) should be set and what are acceptable values. Moreover, there is nothing regarding this issue in the help documents.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,393 Views)

Hello Jack_22,

Can you share an example Design in which you have the Conveyor_Belt setup and not working, to see if the error is reproduced and check what should be changed?

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,382 Views)

Hi jdel12,

Here is a simple example. As I stated in a previous post, this setup makes the motor spind at high speed when started with "G" or "D" (despite a specified maximum speed of 0.25 m/s) and the box doesn't move. The logic involving the TTL gates is totally correct and the resistors are simple pull down.

I am convinced that it has to do with some simulation parameter(s) not set correctly, however I can't figure out which one(s) and even less what their value(s) should be!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,344 Views)

I finally found that for the CONVEYOR_BELT to run properly in a new Multisim 14.1 Design, the parameters TMAX and TSTEP under "Interactive Simulation" of the menu "Simulate - Analyses and simulation", must be modified.

Default value for these parameters when creating a new Design is "Determine automatically". To change this value, check the box in front of the parameter name and enter the desired value.

I got good results with TMAX=0.1 s and TSTEP=0.1 s.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,316 Views)