Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert a file in .EWB (EWB50) to Multisim 10

Good day!

I am new to Multisim 10 and just get myself involved into electrical design. Recently I am referring to some old circuits having .EWB extension. I do not have the EWB installation file anymore because now we are using Multisim 10.

May I know is there a way to convert the .EWB file into .ms10 and open it in Multisim 10 software?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Siew Theng
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(11,694 Views)
Hi stheng:

Multisim 10 has the ability to open Electronics Workbench 5 files. Just use File > Open and select the file.

Garret
Senior Software Developer
National Instruments
Circuit Design Community and Blog

If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved or give a kudo. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(11,686 Views)
Dear Garret,

Yeah I found that it works in my colleague's computer whereby clicking the .EWB files it will be opened in Multisim 10.
I am having this error message shown "Unable to complete circuit conversion" whenever I tried to open it. Both of us are opening the same file.

Any idea about this error?

Thanks!

Stheng
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(11,675 Views)
Use caution here, if you try to SAVE any of those imported files, it will completely CORRUPT the pin assignments of the components brought in.

You'll be able to add stuff to the imported old data, but you will not be able to update your libraries without major consequence.

Good luck
Chris

Signature: Looking for a footprint, component, model? Might be here > http://ni.kittmaster.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(11,674 Views)
Hi Stheng:

I haven't seen this message before. The only thing I can suggest is that you post the file here so I can take a look at it.
Garret
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(11,667 Views)
Dear Garret,

Here's one of the example.

Thank you!

stheng
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(11,649 Views)
Hi stheng:

I have looked into the error you described. It is a very general error, so the error gives me no clue as to the problem, and I don't get the error when I open the file. However, I do have a few of suggestions.

1. Do both you and your colleague have the same tier (eg Power Pro, Full, Base, Educational, or Student). You can view this from Help > About

2. What version of Multisim are you running? A number of changes were made to the importing of these files between version 10.0 and the 10.0.1 release. Try the other version. (Note: You can't have both installed on the same computer, but the license is the same for both, so you can install either version to try. Of course, the 10.0.1 release does have a number of fixes. Smiley Wink)

3. What version of Windows are you running? I know 10.0 will have problems importing these files on Windows Vista. These issues are addressed by the 10.0.1 release.

I hope these suggesions lead you to a solution.
Garret
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(11,579 Views)

@stheng  escreveu:
Good day!

I am new to Multisim 10 and just get myself involved into electrical design. Recently I am referring to some old circuits having .EWB extension. I do not have the EWB installation file anymore because now we are using Multisim 10.

May I know is there a way to convert the .EWB file into .ms10 and open it in Multisim 10 software?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Siew Theng

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(6,313 Views)

I'm trying to open an <*.EWB> file using multisim 14.1. I am running 'Power Professional' and have a support contract. The file is part of an older publication:  "Amplifier Applications of OP AMPS" by Jerald Graeme. Opening the EWB file causes the diagnostic: 

"

The following file(s) could not be opened because the file format is not recognized, the file is not valid or the file does not exist.

H:\SAMPLES\CHAPTER.4\FIG_4_1.EWB." 

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(5,706 Views)

Hello,

I have purchased Electronics Work Bench 5.12 EWB back in 2000 and recently the CD responsible to auto run the program is defective.

My question is how can I run the program without the CD after saving it on Thumb drive?

the error message: the CD-ROM containing Electronics work bench must be in your CD ROM..

Version 5.12

Student Version single copy user.

Serial number: ESW-01-18673-1153

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(5,010 Views)