Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convergence error using custom SPICE model

Hey there!

I've been having some problems during a simulation (circuit attached). At first I was using a PMOS from the default library to make a quick test and everything was working just fine.

Later I decided to make the same simulation but with the real PMOS I intend to use, so I downloaded the SPICE model (also attached) from the manufacturer and created a new component. The first issue I was facing is that this model has 4 pins (instead of the standard 3 pin model that is described in the datasheet), so I just erased this extra pin and every mention of it in the code and carried on creating the component.

The problem is now, every time I try to simulate, I get a "Convergence Error" which I have not been able to solve. Does anyone have any insights that might be useful?

Thanks in advance

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,258 Views)

Circuit errors or unrealistic modeling parameters can often cause convergence problems.  In addition the default simulation options sometimes can be modified for better convergence.  Here is a tip sheet for modifying some parameters that has helped me in numerous occasions.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,214 Views)